Thursday 21 November 2013

“I WANT TO SCREAM” Montel Breaks Down After Finding Out Daughter Has Cancer

Montel Williams is dealing with another health struggle. This time it’s his 24-year-old daughter Maressa who has been diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma – a cancer of the lymph tissue.He tells Closer Weekly, “I just thought, I have already paid the price in this department. So why her?” Williams – who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999 – said, “We need to hit the ground running and get this done and get rid of it. I could wallow in a hole, but I won’t let myself go there.” Maressa was in a car accident and had an MRI done when she found out her diagnosis. She just thought she was experiencing a slipped disk in her back. The nursing student and amateur body builder shared, “I felt like I was in a dream. I was worried I was going to hear I was going to die or have only six months to live.” She’s determined to keep active and recover fast.“I will finish nursing school. I will still compete [in body building] — I plan on beating my cancer and getting my pro card in the same year!” Williams added, “She is only 24 years old. So let’s get busy, and let’s get living!” However he also admitted he’s seeking counseling. The 57-year-old said, “I have not been to therapy in seven years. As of last week, I went back. And when I walked in I said, ‘I don’t want your opinion. All I want to do is scream.’” We’re keeping them in our prayers. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment